- Training and Placement Cell is to train students to select the right career and to provide knowledge, skills and meet the requirements & challenges of the hospitality & tourism Industry.
- To train and help in imparting quality practical experience through internship opportunities
- To develop a confidence in the student to face the selection process of job recruiters.
- To provide employment opportunities through campus placements by inviting reputed hotels to the campus.
- To train for higher qualification and hospitality opportunities and motivate the students for better career growth.
Student Registration for Placement:
- Students can enroll their names for placement through (Offline Mode) hardcopy submission as per the prescribed format given by the Training & Placement Cell.
- Students should fill up all data carefully in prescribed form provided by the institute and verify the entered data before final submission to the Training & Placement Manager of the Institute.
- Students must submit the affidavit signed by the Govt. authority.
- In case of any problem with registration for placement process, student should contact T&P Cell and follow the instructions of T&P Cell for registration and for any queries, students should send mail to [email protected] in not to any other email id.
- List of applications and CV’s/ Resume received from student on time and the Training Test will be conducted by the Institute, if any student who fail to clear training test then, T&P Cell of SIMS Institute will give one more attempt to clear the test. Otherwise short listed by campus and T&P Cell provide the No Objection Certificate (NOC) to the shortlisted candidate which is issued for only one time and further would be sent to the Hotels for consideration.
- On hearing from the hotels, the final date of visiting the hotels and time of each activity would be notified to the students and short listed candidates should comply with the selection procedure of the hotels.
- Students should attend the placement activities as per notified time schedule given by the Hotels and No late arrival to any placement activity is permitted.
- Students are advised to visit hotel website to know the location and address or about the information of hotel.
- Sometimes Hotels come for Pre-Placement Talk / Group Discussion / Written Test and the short-listed students are interviewed at the campus or off the campus. Alternately, some Hotels and restaurants select students based on their CVs and may invite them for Group Discussions/Interviews at their Hotels.
- Students should keep ready all documents beforehand for the interview process.
- Student should carry certificates along with two passport size photographs and a copy of their latest resume for the interview process.
- Dress code: Students, who are short listed for interviews should attend the process with proper uniform of our Institute and Grooming is mandatory for all the students, otherwise the hotels are debarred from the selection process.
- Institute will have not permit for Self Training by the Student.
- Institute reserves the right to refuse any student from placement activity at any point of time if student does not follow any of the above procedures.
- If any student found in any act of indiscipline or misbehavior with staff of the Hotel or noticed any fraud activity during 6 Month internship (Training) and Job Training, such students would have to abide to the decision of T & P Cell that may include debarring from placement activity.
- After selection of student, the Hotel or Industry would be notified to the Institute.
- Hotels would send offer letters of the students along with other information to T&P Manager. After receiving the offers letter by the selected candidates, they should follow the instructions given in the offer letter.
- If a student is not joining the Hotel Industry under unavoidable circumstances, then the student must inform to the T&P Cell of the Institute.
- If any student fails to follow the above mentioned rules and regulations or found in any act of indiscipline/misbehavior, he/she would be liable for strict disciplinary action, as per the Institute rules and regulations.